Sunday, January 4, 2009

Aha!

This morning Kevin talked about how Jesus isn't our sidekick and how John prayed that he (John) would decrease while Jesus increased in him. At that moment I had an Aha. I must decrease in 2009 and He must increase. This can mean several things, but in my case it has to do with my relationship with food, my health and being overweight. I've been on WW for a month now, but have only followed it faithfully for a week.

As Kevin was sharing his own struggles with food, I realized my "mantra" for 2009 is

" I must decrease and Jesus must increase in 2009!"

Relating this to my weight and health issue it gives me something to meditate on in those moments when I want to throw in the towel. Not only do I need to loose weight, I need to loose the parts of me that get in the way of allowing God to be Lord of my heart.
The thing I need to remember is I can't do this. I can only surrender my will while God changes my heart. In Him there is freedom!!

2 comments:

Moms Gone Godly said...

You preach it girl! This is so uplifting as I begin my new year too :)

Prayed for your ear this morning, hope you are doing better!

robbieniccum said...

Vicki, I am so here for you. I hope you know that.

10 week walk for life....it's awesome...if you feel like googling it. Mike's mom wants to lose 20 lbs. by July. We are on day 11 and she has lost 5 lbs :)
just walking and drinking water :)

God is your everything and he is able to heal ANYTHING and everything...He is your biggest fan rooting for you...Christina and I are your cheerleaders....
YOU GO GIRL!!!

let me know if you need something from me...daily e-mails, morning drill calls :)