Thursday, November 20, 2008

Boxcar Willie for a Moment

Thought I'd share some pictures from my adventures as Box Car Willie!

This morning our teacher gave us an assignment where we had to research graffiti and make a logo from one of the graffiti signs we found. We could go to the library to research or go look around town. 
Well, I just so happened to have my camera with me today, so three of us set out to the rail yards downtown. We had so much fun taking pictures of interesting pictures and graffiti markings. I've never looked at graffiti as art until today. I always thought it was rude of the people to paint on someone 's property. But, I put my judgements aside today and looked at it as art. I guess we all have a way to express ourselves through some form of art. Today I saw life through the eyes of graffiti artists.  There were funny ones, confusing ones and a very disturbing one. 
Oh, I almost forgot that the railroad guys drove up and asked what we were doing because we were in a restricted area. But, they allowed us to stay when they realized our purpose for being there. Dang, it might of been fun to play the harmonica in a cell just like boxcar willie. J/K :)

I've also added a few pics from class this morning before we got started. 
One cool side note. One of the girls that went with us is from Germany. I had a blast learning about life in Germany. Guess it goes without saying, I had a great day!


No comments: